CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spotting Scare...

So today was just a regular day for me. I went to lunch with my dad...nothing new. I came home hoping to get a good nap in before I needed to study and before DH got home. Things definitely did not go as planned.

When I got home I went to the bathroom to pee...and when I wiped...a streak of bright red blood. Right there on the toilet paper. There was a tiny clot too. I wiped again...a slightly lighter streak. So I got up, went to the phone, and called the ObGyn. I talked to my nurse about my blood sugar levels that she was concerned about and got that resolved. Then I told her I was spotting. Bright red. She said "Are you working today?" "No...I can come in right now if you need me to..I'm free all day." "Ok, well, go ahead and call up to the front desk and tell them I need to see you." "Ok, thanks"

The front desk lady asks "How long will it take you to get here?" "Around 15 minutes" "Alright, go ahead and come in and we'll squeeze you in"

Then I call my husband "Honey...." "Yea, babe, what's up" "Um..." "Honey? What's wrong?" And I lost it. I started bawling. I couldn't even talk. "I'm....spotting. Bright red." "Ok..." "I called Fort Sanders and they said to go ahead and come in" "Ok then go" "Are you gonna come with me?" "Yea of course. I'll meet you there. Are you safe to drive?" "Yea I'll be fine" "Ok BE SAFE"

I went back to the bathroom again and wiped again. Just a slight streak again. I was bawling in the car...I called my foster mom and told her and she said my uncle had already called her. My DH was working with my uncle and had to leave...so obviously he had to tell him. I talked to her until I reached DH. I had finally calmed down. But it was SO OBVIOUS that I had been crying. My eyes were HUGE, red, and puffy. We arrived at 2:10 and were seen by 2:30. Did I mention I LOVE my ObGyn office?! Seriously. So we go into the U/S room and my nurse tells me that spotting is really normal...so I don't need to freak out just yet. We're gonna check everything out...you did the right thing coming in.

And then the U/S. The moment of truth. And we see a beautiful little blob. The first words out of my nurse's mouth were "Alright everything looks good." HALLELUJAH. DH and I both started crying. The baby has tripled in size since our last U/S less that 2 weeks ago. The heart beat is now 176 bpm. I'm still measuring 5 days behind. I was 8 weeks 4 days today, but measured 7 weeks 6 days. So I may just end up with a November baby :) She showed us the problem. I had something called (I think) a submucosal hemorrage or something like that. It was basically just a sac full of blood right next to the gestational sac. So what's happening is every time I move the sacs rub together and that will produce blood until the blood sac goes away. She said I should expect to see spotting for a few days. She put me on bed rest for the rest of the day and told me to take as much bed rest as possible for the next few days. I should only be concerned in the spotting gets heavier or if I start to have cramps with it.

Thank you Jesus for protecting our little miracle baby. We were so scared. Thank you for taking care of our little family and keeping us all safe. Please continue to give us peace of mind that you will bring this little one safely home to us in 7 months.

4 comments:

B MoM said...

whew!!! Thank God. You had me worried, but I felt confident, since the title of the post was spotting scare. You may also consider yourself lucky too, you got to see your little one again and got to be reassured that his or her little heart is beating away in there. I'd love to get that reassurance again!!!

Rebekah said...

Hey girl this is actually Brooke. I am logged into my Moms blogger account :)
She is going to follow you now too!

OMG I almost started to cry when I saw your post. I will pray so hard for you that your baby is safe. I am so glad you were able to see your little bean. Oh friend I am so so so sorry you had to have that happen. Tons of hugs for you. Take it easy we will be making it through the next 8/9 months together!!

Annie said...

I'm so glad everything is OK. Pregnancy is just scary and stressful.

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Emmy,

Glad to hear everything is okay. I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Pregnancy & Fertility Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff