CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Aversions, Cravings...FOOD!

I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hungry all the time 24/7. I practically stay hungry. I need to eat about every 3-4 hours so I don't get that extra bad tummy growl. But I'm still trying to figure out what I can carry with me, how I can eat while working (I'm a sign language interpreter-so my hands are pretty busy), and what I can eat.

Aversions: Just about everything cooked at home. Everything I make myself, by the time I've made it, I don't want it. In fact, I will not eat it. My DH has been cooking everything so that I will actually eat. I do not like anything ground turkey (which is what we use as a substitute for ground beef in every recipe), I HATE water, I don't really want a salad, I'm not too crazy about potatoes...and FRUIT. I really can't stand any kind of fruit. I ate some pineapple mixed into my ice cream last night so I could some kind of fruit serving. I think I'm going to have to go the juice route to get fruit. I can't eat any of it!

Cravings: TACO BELL. I am stinkin in love with those 89 cent cheesy double beef burritos!!! I can eat one or two at a time. I could eat this morning, noon, and night. And last night DH made me a bacon, tomato, and mayo sandwich and it was AMAZING! It was so good I asked him to make me another one...and one for lunch today :) I have noticed that I am not really hungry for anything during the day and just kind of have to force myself to eat a little something. But at night! Oh at night I want everything!!!

So tomorrow I go to try on my bridesmaids dress for DH's best friends wedding. I got fitted last week the day before I found out I was pregnant. And boy did she make that dress tight! So I am hoping and praying that it still fits (it's only a week later!) and their wedding is a week from Saturday...so I hope I can make it another week!

Sad news is I have gained back those 3 pounds I lost because instead of puking I have been eating :) haha. So I'm trying my best to be extra careful...at least until the wedding...to make sure I don't go crazy.

Our first appointment to see the baby bean is in a week! I'm so excited I can't stand it! Every night before I go to bed I still look at that positive test. And at least once a day I tell DH "Honey...I'm pregnant!" Because I'm still on cloud 9. Everyone from church is just so happy for us! We have been told by tons of people that we will be great parents. I still stand back and can't believe this is happening for us. I am so thankful everyday for this precious miracle. I can't even describe it!!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

This is soooo wonderful. Your little bean is making you a crazy eater. I hope he/she makes you hungry for healthy foods soon. lol. I cant imagine not likeing fruit but I am sure your body is going crazy right now. I bet you are loving it! I cant wait till im all sick and hungry and craving weird foods just like you!

Tori said...

Seriously, the only thing I could stand to eat for most of my first tri was pizza... not good! I would buy like five different flavors at the grocery store so I could eat pizza five days a week lol. Oh, and even though I'm almost done, I *still* have not thrown away that positive test :) I can't bear to do it! Sometimes it's still hard to think that I'm not just getting really fat! You're still always in my prayers Em! :)

B MoM said...

You are the CUTEST mom to be ever!! I love reading your blog. =) Hmmm, better start getting your fluids somehow, especially water, b/c I think that's important. My last pregnancy, I craved Taco Bell often too (and I'm not much of a fast food eater). This pregnancy, so far, the cravings have been for fruit and salad (but that could be normal for me, b/c I'm usually a healthy eater). =) Keep up the cloud nine spirit, I love it!

Missy said...

Hehe, I have this image of a sign language interpreter trying to eat while working and confusing everyone wondering what the hand in pocket to mouth sign means.

Nikki said...

sorry but I'm at the stage where I cry everytime I'm happy and I'm going to have to stop reading your blog because it makes me tear up totally... I LOVE THAT YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!