Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh My Goodness...

Man, I have had a lot going on! Whew! of today...I am officially half way through my pregnancy! 20 weeks! yay!

I am also 22 and 2 days old! lol My birthday was Wednesday. It was not a very fun day! I had a horrible day at work...and DH did...well, nothing. :( But that's ok because he made up for it by letting me buy a butt load of maternity clothes last night! I had to buy new tennis shoes for work (we have to wear tennis shoes and my feet are swollen so I cant wear mine) so I was in the mood to shop and I was able to buy 2 new skirts, 2 shirts, and 2 tank tops at Motherhood Maternity. I already have 4 shirts right now, and about 4 skirts already. BUT..I bought some of them big, so I cant wear them yet. The clothes I got last night...I cant wear AND expand!

So lets see. Yesterday was my first physical therapy appointment. OMG. Someone finally thinks they know what has been causing my back pain! She agreed with me that she thought it was muscular. She also said I am not very flexible in my hamstrings. She thinks that it actually might be so bad that THAT is whats been causing all my back pain! Because my back is trying to make up for the work and stretching that my legs should be doing! So she has me doing hamstring stretches 3 times a day and I go back 2 times a week. She also taped my back...with athletic hold my muscles together? And she gave me a cozi back pillow to use for the curve in my back and it even fits on my seat in my car when I drive! So I told her I would use it in my car instead of in bed because I use lots of pillows in bed anyway and I actually LOVE my bed!

I was SOOOO scared all day yesterday that my back was going to go out on me. I was so stiff and sore! But I made it through the day just fine...I just laid down last night and couldnt get up. I had to lay down and stay there. Now that Ive slept through the night...I feel better.

So what other updates do I have? Well..nothing really! My next appointment is not until August 10th. OH!!!!!!! I didnt mention this! This was REALLY scary! On Sunday morning DH and I made our way to church. It was hot in there! I was just sitting there and I leaned forward. I took DH's lesson sheet and started fanning myself. I started to feel better and I went to sit back up. The second I sat up I felt very nauseous. So nauseous that I actually thought to myself "Ok, if I puke I can catch it in my skirt and then run to the bathroom." Then all of a sudden I started to get really light headed. Keep in mind I'm sitting this whole time. I look up at the preacher and everything around him starts shining and getting blurry and all different colors sparkling. I grabbed DH by the leg because it was only getting worse. Then my ears started ringing. So loud I couldn't hear anything. It was kind of like that feeling of having water in your ears. Plus ringing. Anyway...I grabbed DHs leg rather hard I guess...because he grabbed me and I couldnt talk. I was afraid I would puke. I just stared straight ahead and held on to his leg. When it finally passed and I just said "We need to leave." And I got up and walked out and he was not far behind because he thought I was going to pass out. My ears were still ringing and it took a good 5 minutes for my hearing to come back. And I broke out in a sweat and went extremely pale. DH was freaking out. I was too! He even had my uncle help him walk me to the car. When I finally got my hearing back I started explaining to DH what happened. My uncle asked me if I had eaten. Yes, DH had made me 2 eggs and 2 waffles with jelly for breakfast. It wasnt my blood sugar. I thought it had to be my blood pressure. DH took me out to my BIL and SILs house to use their blood pressure machine. The down side was they were 30 minutes away and by the time I got there I was feeling better. I went to get out of the car I felt sooooo weak. I seriously felt like I had ran the whole way. BIL took my blood pressure and it was 117/70 which is great. But my pulse was 110! Wow! He said "Um, have you been running a marathon?!"

So I called my Obs emergency line and talked to the same doctor that I saw that day for my stomach virus. She said it was totally normal (WHAT?!). She said I blacked out. What most likely happened was the blood pooled in my legs from sitting too long (I had only been sitting for 20 minutes) and that when I leaned back up it gave me a head rush. Now, dont get me wrong, I'm not saying shes wrong, but Ive had black outs before like when you stand up too fast out of bed in the morning...this was NOTHING like that. I've also passed out before...and again, this was NOTHING like that. DH actually contemplated taking me to the ER. I told him if it happened again I would go, but I think I'm fine.

So that's my scare for the week! It hasnt happened again, so I guess that doctor was right...I dunno!


Brooke said...

That is scary. I have been getting lightheaded since week 12 but not quite that bad. I actually pass out pretty easily and have done it a few times in my life so I dont let myself get to the ringing ears and spotty vision stuff I put my head between my legs and sit before it gets to that point but its weird that you were sitting when it happened. When that hits me its usually early in the morning at work when I havent eaten much and I have been standing a while. I hope it was nothing and it wont happen anymore because that can be super scary. Wondering where you will hit the floor or where you will throw up is never a great thought. I am glad you are at the 20 week mark! We have a few more weeks until the gender u/s and I cant stand the wait. Luckily we are going camping and doing other stuff this month so hopefully it will go by quickly. Aaahhhh maternity clothes! I love them! I am so much more comfortable in them. I bought some maternity jeans and they are the best. Spendy but the best! Glad to see a update from ya!

Bon said...

Heya Emmy

I wanted to let you know I moved my blog to a new address if you want to continue reading!

:) Congrats on the BOY!!!